Sunday, September 26, 2010

stunning & simple

are the words I use to describe yesterday.  It was the ideal day of autumn.  A perfect day for an ice-cream cone; such a simple pleasure and yet, as I sat and indulged, I realized that I hadn't had one since my road trip to California June of 09.  A good reminder to me that while this blog is about being aware of the daily delights, sometimes, one has to create them.

 
The flower boxes are glorious around town right now.


Another shot of my favorite glass mobile.


A good day for the coinage collection!


The happiness of a new peacock-tailed dish towel.

1 comment:

  1. Since Uncle Phil died, I've given up ice cream utterly (leaving sorbet, sherbet, gelato... okay, maybe not gelato) but I often think I'll have a cone, and then never do. It's amazing how you have to be deliberate with doing nice things for yourself. I mean, when was the last time you bought cute undies? Me? Never.

    Deliberate delight.

    ReplyDelete