Saturday, September 25, 2010

it's good to be the diva


brilliant sunrise


 lemon tart with a friend downtown


poster for my concert

Last night, The Rusty Chords, my retirement group of singers presented a fun program:

The Drinking Song from The Student Prince
I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing
Down in the Valley
Red River Valley
Let Me Call You Sweetheart
I've Been Workin' on the Railroad
America the Beautiful
God Bless America
Good Night, Sweetheart
Auld Lang Syne 


I had planned on presenting each of them with a signed certificate of thanks and a red rose.  They had planned on giving me roses as well as some lovely musical gifts.  (Not pictured is my umbrella--which was much needed and is in my car.)   

 I have numerous 'diva' signs and stickers and all my emails have it in the title line.  To me, being a diva is not about pitching fits and shrieking unreasonable demands.  To me, it is the highest level of professionalism.  When I embody a diva, when I step on stage, I am fully prepared.  My costume/clothes are perfect pulled together, and my music is READY.  And then I can charm and entertain the audience.

That, to me, is a true diva. 


5 comments:

  1. The tart looks excellent.
    So, do you feel like this concert was good for your guys, and you'll have more interest now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we sang to a packed SRO house! And people kept buzzing up to me at the reception--both that they wanted to join us and that we ought to perform once a month! It will be interesting to see how Thursday next goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Laurie - didn't dawn on me until after I called you Friday night what concert you had just finished - hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say, is that the photo double of the lemon tart you bit into, then said you should have photographed? ;) The Friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, tis from googleimages, but I would be most happy to restage the tart eating at any time!

    ReplyDelete