Wednesday, November 18, 2009

serendipity



morning vista



staff meeting surprise!




my view for part of the afternoon



a broader view



Are these just not the most adorable little robes possible?  Makes my heart happy to see miniature Anglicans running around my choir room.  And these singers like to wear their robes to rehearse.


But the true blessing of today was this jacket.  I need a waterproof casual jacket to live around here and when I poke around online, the run in the hundred$.  I randomly decided to pop into our thrift shop after work and found this.  Not only was the initial price inexpensive, it was 75% off.  And it fits.  And it's a decent colour.

$4.11 was my grand total.


3 comments:

  1. How cool. God has your jacket size.

    A cupcake cake! Okay, according to Cake Wrecks, that was an abomination, but how nice to have your job actually acknowledge your birth! Nowhere I have worked has ever done that for me.

    Which is part of why I am now self-employed? So I can ignore my own birthday. Hm.

    Well, many happy returns of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. laurie, i have a gazillion ski jacket-y, waterproof like coats. i'll let you know next time i am off-loading any of them.
    you will soon remember, too, why hoodies are so popular here!

    i like the comment above, about God having your jacket size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, i forgot that was my user name, made up a very long time ago...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete