Saturday, November 7, 2009

little things

"To be really great in little things, to be truly noble and heroic in the insipid details of everyday life, is a virtue so rare as to be worthy of canonization."

H.B Stowe

And not a virtue that I am anywhere close to achieving.



This shot is not part of serendipitous visuals, but it was the first time I was present for those city-wide processions that occur when a police officer is killed.  They shut down the main roads by my place and I stood on my balcony for over twenty minutes worth of watching car after car after car pass by.  The uplifting bit I took inside with me was how much one life can impact the world.  Which, after this aggravating work week, was a good pull back into perspective thinking.



To end on a lighter note...this whimsical candle holder was given to me when I left my steady paycheck and launched into graduate school.  I did use it as a candle holder that first summer and then when I needed laundromat monies, it amused me to use it as a coin holder.  The import of this shot is, that for the first time in it's existence, it is overflowing.

1 comment:

  1. As the saying goes, "a change is as good as a rest." Having change, for once, is a happy thing!

    ReplyDelete