Sunday, September 9, 2012

Laguna Gloria


 Indulged in the tasty peanut-butter shake from DQ for a late lunch today.


 And finally made it to Laguna Gloria which is part of the AMOA.


The statute of Autumn in the Four Seasons garden.




 Gorgeous grounds; I escaped two determined docents because I simply wanted to wander around.  On a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, I really could care less about history and art appreciation.  Just want to meander in the sunshine.


 The only part I absorbed from their tailing me through the doorway was that the original owner was determined to grow palm trees, something I no doubt would have gathered as I saw many species on my walk.


 Built in 1916, this Italianate villa, blah, blah blah.  Isn't it pretty??!



 Was hoping to see the frog spit, but we're having a little water conservation going on at the moment, so all fountains are off.



 Wishing well for my lucky pennies!



 Disappointed that the miles of white lights strung above the paths don't show up in the photos.  I must get myself to some evening soiree at this sight--it would be elegant and Gatsbyesque.




 Even the Italianate design couldn't escape the star of Texas!


You can see the lights here, every so faintly.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a DQ - I think a PB shake sounds intriguing! What a lovely area in which to wander; I'm hopeful you have more benign-sun days to enjoy before it gets "cold." If it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha--a teacher showed up today wearing a SWEATER and I laughed at her. Guess it hit 68 last night and that constitutes winter??

    ReplyDelete