Thursday, September 6, 2012

crazed church

As this story has brought joy to many today, decided to post it here....


We just came from our weekly chapel. All high drama in the choir loft. One of my chickies lost her tooth right in the middle of prayers. She has leg braces and was trying to crawl over a row of oblivious 12-year-old boys to hand me her bloody tooth. 
So now I'm sitting there with a tooth in my hand. Fortunately, I had already finished playing the piano as I had no pocket in which to place said tooth. 

Then two kids had sneezing attacks and were literally crawling all around the pipe organ looking for a box of Kleenex. Which caused more sneezing. There is no garbage can, so I made them keep their used tissue which grossed them out. This precipitated another crawl around the organ to find the hand sanitizer. Then! As they were crawling backwards, they barreled smack into the music stand upon which the choir chimes were resting. An entire octave hit the stone floor. 

We can safely say that the choir electrified the entire congregation of 400 elementary students. I felt a little sorry for the pastor as he tried to give a homily. 

That was just the first hour of this work day.....


(these are the 400 names which I'm trying to learn very rapidly--odd how I know some already.)

2 comments: