Saturday, May 26, 2012

overwhelming delight


 So, iPhoto decided to load these photos in willy-nilly and I'm too tired to organize them chronologically....so enjoy these fragment bits of my farewell wandertag in Seattle.  The first shot is of the divinely rich mac/cheese from Beecher's at Pike's.


Part of the joy in going to the local chocolatier is how elegantly they treat each purchase; no matter how small.  Wax paper, golden foil, and real ribbon--of which, you get to choose the colour.  And she creates some of the best chocolate I've ever eaten.  Which, is saying something!


 Sparkly sunny water on the ride in.


 Why look!  It's more chocolate; this time from Cupcake Royale.  Needed susustanance for my last Aveda school visit.  (Am pleased to find that they also have a school in downtown Austin.)

 Tried to catch the ferry directly under the sign, but some moronic tourists kept standing in my way.

Am bummed this Ferris wheel won't be up/running until the 4th of July weekend.  What fun and what a view this would have provided!


Aside from the hair fixing, the main reason I wanted to get into the city today was to see this new exhibit by local glass artisan, Dale Chihuly.


Fell in love with glass work during my formative years in Lincoln City and even more during my visits to Venice.  


It's magical to think that heating and twirling sand can create such whimsical sculptures.




Each room I walked into caused me to just gasp and smile and feel like twirling about.  (no, I held still....the teensy vases for sale in the gift shop started at $7000.  So.  Yes, walked v. carefully, but gleefully.)



This was my favorite room; the entire ceiling was covered with these--jelly fisheqsue shapes.



I would love for this to be my dining room ceiling some day.







 It was a bit like a Seuss book come to life.



Or Willy Wonka's world.




Would love to attend a posh party at night in this atrium.





 grass of glass










A gorgeous farewell to this chapter and city.

1 comment:

  1. It might be worth going out to a JC and doing a glassblowing course. In the Bay Area I know The Crucible does them, but elsewhere JC's do them - that's how Tech Boy learned, and I love glass, too.

    I hope that you make your life what it needs to be - and remember that just like sand and fire can be shaped into whimsy, days and hours can be, too.

    ReplyDelete