Monday, May 21, 2012

fest of Vikings


 Saturday delivered gorgeous weather for the local Viking Fest in Poulsbo.


Mosaic on our luncheon table; yes we skipped the Lutefisk in favor of Mexican food.


This float of the local yacht club won our vote for most spirit.



The pavilion had non-stop dance groups performing; these two-stepping seniors in silver were my favorite.  Hopin' to soon have my own set of cowboy boots and learn these steps.


Traditional Norwegian dancers.


 A thoughtful large coffee cup for canines to use while their owners went inside the cafe.


Wool carding; am grateful for modern looms and that I am able to purchase cloth that is already woven.


Random Vikings wandering through the parade.








The little over-indulge twit in front of us tried pelting this teeny old man with pieces of hard candy. 



 And finally!  Our clarinet-tootling cousin!


 He and his band did a super job!


This should hold me until I find a 4th of July festival/parade to enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, what a lovely looking day this was - I can well imagine a twinge of regret for leaving. And yet: it will be there. You can always go back to just see this side of the town, the one that is sunny and friendly and easy to deal with - leaving behind the rest.

    I'd say you made the "right" decision, but honestly, we don't know that yet. You made A decision, which is really good enough for now. A new page to turn, and I can totally see you giving in to your country-western side and boot-scootin'.

    ReplyDelete