Thursday, January 26, 2012

redemption


Ms. Dunston is back and flourishing.  Am beyond relieved.  Today was fueled by the usual first-day-jittery nerves, but it was much more in the happy teaching tradition of my previous years in the classroom.  Was sliding into some serious self-doubt with the wretched winter term--that I had made a rather large and irreversible mistake in accepting this position.   The above bear was a first-day-of-the-semester gift from one of my students.  Deciding on a good name for her and wishing that I had a matching furry pink hat.



Slowly settling into my new classroom; am pleased to report that I now have a desk, a chair, a piano and a set of bookshelves.  Perhaps next year,  I will be granted some technology as well.  A blur of a day, but finally a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment