Wednesday, May 19, 2010

quirkiness


Looking forward to the day when computers come with scent--it was a warm and humid walk to the library but it was lovely to smell the lavender and rosemary along the sidewalk.


At what age do we stop counting the .5?  I am forty-and-a-half today.  I distinctly remember when that was a HUGE deal.  "I'm eight-and-a-half."


And speaking of age and such, I've had this thing that I do with digital clocks; every time I see my birth date (11:19), I make a wish.  I've been doing this for as long as I can remember.  Don't know where I got the idea and I've never told anyone that I do this.  In a random conversation this weekend, found out that my sister does this as well.  And now all the cousins who were standing around will be doing the same.  Or at least thinking of their insane relatives as they look at a digital time.

3 comments:

  1. OH, weren't you precious! Happy Five and a Half to you.

    We never ...wished on anything, but we always took note, in digital land, of BOB Time, 8:08 - and thought of my Uncle Bob. We still call it Bob Time. We are just that weird. AND we taught it to the Littles. Makes you wonder what weird little things children who were taught to tell time on analog clocks must do...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have the MOST annoying song that goes with an analog clock:

    "don't let your face be seven twenty-five,
    looking like froooowwwwn
    Let it shine like ten after ten
    like a great big.....happy clown
    let it be ten ten."

    when I get home, i can sing it and send it to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I'm gonna pass on the song. Just sayin'

    Also: gonna pass on these...!

    ReplyDelete