Saturday, July 30, 2011

closing out July

I blinked and this month zoomed past me.  It's been a month of busy days and things organized and achieved.  As well as some happy time in the kitchen.


Free shelves rescued from the trash room.


Yet another shot of Rainier.


 Had no idea I had so many of these darling little dishes--use them for everything, but hadn't thought to use them to bake.  However, today felt like a teeny dessert day.  Transformed rhubarb from Bob/Ellen's with some raspberries into....


 this creation.


topped with coconut milk ice-cream and the ending of this month and summer school was well celebrated!  Tomorrow brings more Shakespeare in the park...

2 comments:

  1. My friend Beth has been in Africa all month for a medical rotation (people at Glasgow U go blithely off to African commonwealth countries to do practicums in vet science and medical science, routinely - it boggles MY mind) and it seems like she just left - whoosh, that was July.

    At least you have something to show for it. I guess I have a finished novel, a newly begun novel, a copy edited novel, and ... a messy house. That's about it. No, wait. The strawberry jam left over from strawberries. And photographs, so I know I was here all month.

    Time is passing, and what do I have to show for it?

    Sorry. In a rather metaphysical frame of mind, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that three novels is a rather impressive month of things accomplished. That and an impending move . Here`s to augugst

    ReplyDelete