Monday, May 2, 2011

sometimes, a light surprises


and in yesterday's case, it was the SUN.  While I'm a huge fan of living in cool climates, it was surprising how manic and happy everyone was yesterday.


After dining at the ever-delightful Cafe Flora last month, I tried to recreate their fried avocado with some success.  With Cinco de Mayo coming at us this week, there will be more attempts.

 
Three tomatoes (Early Girl, Roma, and Golden somethings) and two peppers (red and jalapeno) awaiting planting.


Thriving lemon balm and peppermint that survived the winter on the balcony.


Peas beginning to climb.


A few hours of layover for a long-time friend meant we had time for a delish lunch at one of my new favs Lemongrass.



Said friend with one of the Ming camels at the Seattle Asian Art Museum.  Please note the beaming sunshine.


Conservatory at Volunteer Park.



Mocha at my coffee haunt in C-hill.

2 comments:

  1. (Is that G.K.?)
    Your garden stuff looks great - and while it's been in the forties-fifties in the wind here, out of the wind, it's in the sixties, and we've had sun, which has made everyone perky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed GK. And it's still in the 40s and I read some long-range forecast essay this morning and now I doubt that my tomatoes or peppers will blossom or grow. I need to build a greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete