Thursday, May 12, 2011

silver threads among the gold


Yes.  Another trite phrase that popped into my head.  I've been finding grey hairs this year and find that so disconcerting.  Not sure why; I certainly don't feel older than 19 and have never been one of those who bewail aging.


Celebrated a cousin's 40th and another friend's 30th this past weekend and I find it hard to believe that they are that old.   


How about you?  How do you feel about aging?  How old do you feel?  There's a fun (and maybe eye-opening) quiz you may take to see what your real age is.  


I remember being so depressed when I turned 30, but it had more to do with the fact that I hadn't achieved the goals which I had listed when I was 20.  Once I threw away that list, I haven't cared about my biological age.  And as I'm having a good hair day--you're getting a ton o' photos--including the grey hairs.



 Youth is a wonderful thing.  What a crime to waste it on children.  
~George Bernard Shaw



Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.  
We grow old by deserting our ideals.  
Years may wrinkle the skin, 
but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.  
~Samuel Ullman


  
The years teach much which the days never knew.  
~Ralph Waldo Emerson



 Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together 
and your body starts falling apart.  
~Caryn Leschen


And I'll close with one of my favorite invitations by Robert Browning:  

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be...

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Such different versions of "you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair looks great, Laurie. When Steve was turning 13, he asked to sit on my lap before he became a teen. All of a sudden I felt a yank - "Mom, you have a gray hair!" (I was 40.) I assured him there would be more and he couldn't pull them all out. Love your varied pics.

    ReplyDelete