Tuesday, September 29, 2009

rainy day delights


As today brought the more typical autumnal weather for this region, seemed an auspicious day to prowl indoors.  Was pleased to discover that not only does the Frye Art Museum have free parking, it has free admittance.  Interesting place.  Very tiny on one hand, but rather large when you realize that this was a single person's art collection.  (Hard to see, but the sign is actually a fountain with water dripping down over the words.)


Very funny painting The Botanists.


After all that art, sustenance in the form of carrot cupcake and salted caramel.  Yes, why limit the choice to one flavor?  


My Americano to go with the sugar.  I leave you with a  pithy quote by Grant Wood, American artist:
 
"I had to go to Paris to discover Iowa."

1 comment:

  1. I just thought it was raining over the Frye sign!

    The monkey picture is very worrying.

    And what's with the salted caramel lately? EVERYONE is all into it salted. I'm just... not. But, I expect it would make a good frosting. Yum.

    ReplyDelete