Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bi-tonal



This morning did not have an auspicious start with the fire alarm going off.   At least it was a sunny morn to stand on the sidewalk in one's pjs.  However, I was late to work because of it.  And all the phone numbers that I needed to call people were upstairs.

Dashed to Starbucks to grab breakfast because I didn't have time to fix anything.  Thankfully, I had a gift card to use.  As I clickedty-clacked my way through the flannel Sunday morning crowd, some guy said good morning.  I ignored him as I usually do because I never assume they're talking to me.

Turns out he was.  Turns out he's a Seattle native and a musician who also lived in Boston and Berkeley.  Had a quick chat about jazz and then I jetted off to work.









Came home after a rather bi-tonal anthem--must figure out how to deal gracefully with aging singers who are going deaf, to be enticed by the gorgeous weather and view of Lake Washington.  And true to my new trend, I found a penny on my walk!


It is a perfect day.  Sun. Breeze.  Feel of autumn in the air.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the sunshine.

    I wore a jacket today, and will probably wear both jacket and scarf tomorrow.

    Juneau Alaska, that's us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 86 right now. EIGHTY-SIX. Happy first day of autumn forsooth.

    ReplyDelete