Tuesday, November 6, 2012

paper flowers


My miniature singers (as I call the PreK groups) came skipping in yesterday with bouquets of paper flowers that they had made especially for me.  No reason, just flowers for Ms. Dunston.  It was sweet as most of them signed/scrawled their names on the popsicle sticks.


What was incredibly poignant is that I had just learned that a former choir member had died on Sunday.  So, this was a blissful moment of choral continuity.  I emailed their teachers and told them why I was grateful for these raggedy little flowers.


And yes, I voted this morning.  Stood in line and watched the sun rise with my precinct neighbors.  And as I told my students--it's not so much for whom/what I voted, but that I exercised my citizenly right to do so.  In peace.  And (luckily from what I'm hearing) in an efficient and short line.

And I truly hope that this nonsense is over shortly after midnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment