Tuesday, March 13, 2012

the kindness of (semi) strangers


What a wild week--ice, snow, thunder, deluges of rain, sun and wild winds.  And that was just the school events :)  The weather is mirroring our attitudes or is shaping them.  The Russians have arrived (we've a contingent of students/teachers visiting us for two weeks from Novosibirsk, Siberia--more about this later) and we're winding up third quarter--always the toughest few weeks of school.


So it was a treat to walk into my favorite coffee/tea shop.  When I ordered a lemongrass tisane, the proprietor was so distressed that they were out, he insisted that I take these two other kinds (for free) to sample.  I'm to report back to him this weekend what I thought of these new flavors.  V. kind and totally unnecessary as I was quite happy with my cinnamon/cardamom choice.

And in rather hysterical news, I've been invited to be part of the Admissions Committee.   Should be a lively and interesting experience.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. "Ms. Dunston, should we accept this student from -- "

    "NO."

    "But, Ms. Dunston, we haven't finished telling you --"

    "I said NO. Next student."

    Yes, I envision this as QUITE interesting...

    ReplyDelete