Monday, October 31, 2011

not in Kansas anymore

Much has occurred since my last typing; too much to capture at this present moment.  I am safely moved and settled enough to find my toothbrush and my pillow. Still adjusting to the dramatic change of being in the thick of city living to the dead silence of living in the woods.  Trying to consider it peaceful and serene instead of creepy and isolated.  Obviously I need to read more Thoreau and Dillard and Sarton. 

Some quick snaps of my country living...


Didn't realize how much the day had shifted until I realized it was almost 8 and still dark outside.  Glad the time changes this weekend.


After an energetic meeting with my new principal and meeting a few staff (doubt I'll recognize them sans costumes next week), was treated to fresh scones that my aunt just whipped up and popped in the oven. 


The drive into the school.

The Admin building.

So much more to follow, but am still rummaging about in boxes as I begin teaching Monday next!  I will have a section of senior ESL for this quarter and I am most pleased to say that it is an afternoon class!

2 comments:

  1. Cheering you on from the other side of the state! The fog in the last 2 photos reminded me of Lincoln City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to consider it peaceful and serene instead of creepy and isolated.
    ::snicker::

    Been there, had to do that. The sheep helped, since they're ALWAYS noisy.

    ReplyDelete