Saturday, August 6, 2011

i HAVE heard the mermaids...


Another puny attempt to capture the majestic whoomph of the Blue Angels outside my window.


Piloting these planes has to be one of the most thrilling jobs in the world.


 a long-overdue ferry ride


 and then off to the beach!


 happy, happy toes


miniature grapes for a miniature princess

 a little bit of ham with our tea...


first cherries from the orchard






and a little T.S. to end the day:


I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
 
I do not think that they will sing to me.        125
 
I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
 
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown        130
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously a female cousin of yours; the profiles are remarkably similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat you gave the crew. I love the pics of Soli. You have a remarkable camera. Now just to have a remarkable job, eh?

    ReplyDelete