Friday, April 27, 2012

since I'm moving

In prepping to teach this poetry unit, I did a sample poetry portfolio to show the students what the finished product could look like.  And in doing so, I unearthed some previously published poems from my collegiate brain.  Thought this was appropriate as my life is sitting in boxes and piles at the moment.




(the history of this photo; took a shot of this globe the first time I was in Manhattan for a choir performance in 1992, when it was in the entrance of the World Trade Center.  This photo was taken December 2010 and is from what remains of it.  It is now in Battery Park.)

since I'm moving

          if it's true that the world is round,
if I move enough
                  will I be standing next 
     to you again?


 (I had one of these as a piggy bank as a child; perhaps after I finish this move, I shall get another one in which to collect my found pennies.)

1 comment:

  1. This only works if one of us is standing still... otherwise, I think we can get proximity, but not next-door-ness. It's worth a try, though.

    ReplyDelete